Introducing The Shield – Two time ASP World Champion Mick Fanning’s signature sunglass and our
most technologically advanced release yet.
For two years, the team at Dragon worked hand in hand with Mick himself going over every little detail of his first signature sunglass...from the size, to the amount of wrap, the name itself, the colors, and the technological and performance features that were important to Mick. Mick is an athlete...pure and simple. He’s focused and demands a lot from himself, and from his sunglasses. Lenses, tints, coatings, polarization...Mick wanted it all. And we gave it to him. Performance, function, no frills, all utilitarian and bad ass. Here are just some of the features of the Shield that will make this your new favorite sunglass:
- Offered in performance and contrast enhancing lens tints
- Premium injected polarized lenses available
- Offered in ionized and ionized polar lenses for added glare protection, distinctive appearance, and a rich finish
- Rubber nose pads for maximum grip
- Wrap around fit and styling in a light weight, comfortable, and tough Grilamid material
- All lenses in the Shield come with hydrophobic (water repellant) and oleophobic (oil, dust, dirt repellent) coatings to help you brave all the elements and keep you lenses looking spotless with no fuss
Dragon’s first frame to introduce PERFORMANCE POLAR lenses – Dragon’s next level take on the standard polar lenses. It’s our most technologically advanced polar system yet, with a champion’s wish list of colors, coatings, and treatments
We think Mick said it the best - “If I could only have one pair of sunnies, the Shield would be it.” We couldn’t have said it better.