Dragon is a company wholly owned by Marchon Eyewear Inc., a corporation having its principal place of business at 201 Old Country Road, Melville, New York 11747. Marchon Eyewear Inc. is a company wholly owned by Vision Service Plan, a California not-for-profit corporation, having its principal place of business at 3333 Quality Drive, Rancho Cordova, California 95670.
The Services are only intended for the United States market. If you provide us with Personal Information, you understand that your information may be stored in the United States and other countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection as the EU. By using and accessing our Services, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer and processing of Personal Information on servers located outside of the country where they reside and acknowledge that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
"Personal Information" refers to any information about you by which you can be personally identified. (Please see "How We Use and Share Personal Information" for more information about why we collect the categories of information below)
We collect or obtain the following categories of Personal Information on our Website that we collect either directly, through forms or data entry fields on our Website, or through passive collection by cookies and other data collection technologies. The types of Personal Information we process in each of these contexts is further explained in the following categories:
- Contact us and registration forms: we process your name, email address, company where you work, phone number, job function, job title, country, and any comments you provide.
- We collect information like your name, postal code, email address, and other identifiers when you sign up for a newsletter, create and account, or register.
- When you sign up for a promotion code, we collect your email address.
- In case you decide to purchase product, we may ask you to provide additional information, such as your full address and credit card details and share your Personal Information with companies who help us in the fulfillment of your request. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide their services. For instance, we communicate your credit card details to a third-party payment processor (we do not store any credit card information).
- You will also be required to create a username and password to establish an account. Some accounts require security questions as well. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory, and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
- Consumer opinion surveys: when you participate in a survey or we process your survey responses.
We obtain all of the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments, to confirm and communicate with you about appointments, services, and products, and to prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, via mail, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law). Messages sent by text and/or unencrypted email may include Personal Information. Because these messages are not encrypted, there is some risk that the messages could be read by someone other than you. You are not required to provide this consent and will be entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. To stop receiving text messages, text "STOP" and for help, text "HELP". Message and data rates may apply.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business and troubleshoot technical concerns.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services. To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules and respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information; or
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- Third Party Channel Partners. On occasion we partner with third parties to deliver complementary or supplemental services to you. In those circumstances, we will make it very clear to you that the third-party channel partner is the entity collecting your information and not Dragon, and you will have a choice whether to provide information to them. As such, any data you provide to them would be subject to their privacy and security practices and Dragon will not be responsible for the information you provide to them or their privacy and security practices.
- Sharing Information. We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing use. However, some of the above uses involve sharing Personal Information with third party service providers and with our affiliates, subsidiaries, or divisions. We share Personal Information with your consent; as required or permitted by law; for legitimate business purposes; as necessary to complete any transaction or provide you with information or services you have requested or authorized; to obtain your feedback on your customer experience; or for our proper management and administration or to fulfill our legal responsibilities.
- We may sponsor or host contests or drawings from time to time. Some contests may be offered in conjunction with a third party sponsor and Website users will be notified at the time of the contest as to whether a third party sponsor is involved and whether the third party will be receiving the user's Personal Information to send promotional communications. The Website user can then choose whether to enter the contest or not at that time based on the terms and conditions associated with that particular contest.
- We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that there is risk involved in using the internet. Thus, our goal is to provide a reasonable level of security based on general industry standards. We therefore recommend that you use every precaution to protect your information when using the internet and any other links.
Our Website and Services are not directed to children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. It is our policy not to knowingly solicit or permit children under the age of 16 to provide their Personal Information for any purpose. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA") and our internal policies, if a person under age 16 submits information to us through any part of our Website, and we know that the person submitting information is under age 16, we will not use it for any purpose. We will delete the information as soon as we discover it, and we will not disclose it to third parties. If you are under the age of 16, please stop using our Website and its Services.
You have rights to access, correct, and delete the Personal Information Dragon holds about you.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides additional detail about rights for California consumers. For a full list of rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please see our California Supplement.
In addition, under California law, website operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser 'do not track' signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information of a consumer over time and across third party web sites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. We do not respond to any such 'do not track' signals, as no one do not track standard has gained consensus.
This law also requires web site operators to disclose whether third parties may collect Personal Information about their users' online activities over time and across different web sites when the users use the operator's web site. We do not knowingly permit third parties to collect Personal Information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses our Website.
Third parties that have content embedded on our Website (such as social networking features) may set cookies on a user's browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited our Website from a certain IP address. These third parties cannot collect any other Personal Information from our Website unless you provide it to them directly.
To exercise the access, correction and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at:
- Dragon: 1-844-276-1280
- Emailing us at:
- Dragon: email@example.com
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will keep Personal Information about you for as long as we provide our Services to you, or as long as we are addressing a concern, question, complaint, or request you have made to us, as applicable to our interactions with you. If we have a contract or other agreement with you, we will follow the retention obligations of that agreement.
We may keep Personal Information longer if we have a legal obligation to keep it or to maintain necessary records for legal, financial, compliance, or other reporting obligations, and to enforce our rights and agreements. We also may keep Personal Information about you for statistical analysis or research purposes.
Our hours are Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT.